Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Something about : "The Use of Force By W.C Williams"

My reaction on “The Use of Force
 By W.C. Williams”

I did not like the story, mainly because it did not spark any interest and catch my attention, but it did manage to get my curiosity. When I was reading the first page, I looked at boredom in the eye. I was reading every sentence in my head, trying to get mesmerized by this short story. But as soon as I got the last bit of the first page there, it got me. My curiosity got hooked on the result of this struggle. Who would win the doctor or the brat?
The kid was suffering from a sore throat, fever and I think cold and coughing? I do not remember it word for word but I did know how she fought over getting her throat checked up. Hiding that sore throat for three days at least? With the risks of dying was on the line. The doctor was persevering; he was determined to get that throat checked. Thus, the epic battle between clashing teeth and a wooden spoon began, and afterwards only the spoon emerged as the victor.
I never really realized retaliation in my life as I have grown old. I didn’t expect me to remember that I was back then, as spoiled as this kid but what I have came through the years made me end up where I am now, spoiled with responsibility. One particular event that I remember was when I wanted a toy. I would always get grumpy and do crazy stuff just to get that car or something. But the difference is that I win.

No comments:

Post a Comment